Wine Country Spiced Grilled Lamb Spiedini with Grapes
Wild Cattle Creek
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley (divided)
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground lavender
- ¼ teaspoon hot chile flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds boned leg of lamb, fat trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound red flame seedless grapes
- 10 bamboo skewers, soaked in water overnight
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, 1 tablespoon parsley, salt, smoked paprika, cumin, thyme, coriander, lavender, chile flakes, and pepper. Add lamb and mix to coat thoroughly.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Thread cubes of lamb alternately with grapes onto 6 or 7 skewers.
- Lay skewers over a solid bed of medium-hot coals or medium-high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 3 to 4 seconds). If using a gas grill, close the lid.
- Cook, turning skewers as needed, until lamb is browned on all sides but still pink in the center (medium-rare: 5 to 6 minutes), or just barely pink in the center (medium: 6 to 7 minutes).
Recipe provided by Chef Jesse McQuarrie of Feast Catering