Shrimp & Grits
Pair with Estate Chardonnay
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Add water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Season the water with salt and pepper.
- Add grits, whisking thoroughly to prevent lumps, and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- Fry the chopped bacon in a large skillet until browned and crisp. Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate and drain well.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet with the bacon fat and cook over medium heat until pink, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes longer.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl, top with shrimp mixture, and serve.
Top with Tabasco sauce if desired.
Share your #RidgeHolidayFeast pictures with us!