The Perfect Pizza Dough & Tomato Sauce
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
2 cups warm water
3 tablespoons olive oil
5 cups all purpose flour
4 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Dissolve yeast in water in mixing bowl and let sit for 2 minutes to bloom. Add olive oil, flour, and salt on top.
- Mix dough with dough hook on lowest setting for 5 minutes. Dough should come together into a ball. If it sticks to the sides add small handfuls of flour while mixing. If it’s too dry, sprinkle water into dough mix until looks looser.
- Let rise then divide into 6 equal portions (8oz each) and roll into tight balls to let rise again.
- Once they’ve risen, they’re ready to open and use. Open onto well floured pizza paddle.
1 16 oz can whole peeled tomatoes (preferably San Marzano)
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoons salt
- Puree tomatoes with all other ingredients in a food processor, blender or with a wand.
- Taste for seasoning.