Wine Country Tri Tip
Pair with Blasi Zinfandel
This easy summer recipe gets a wine country twist with a flavorful marinade made of zinfandel. Mix up the marinade and allow the meat to marinate for 12-24 hours before grilling for the best flavor.
- 1 (2-pound) beef tri-tip roast
- 5 cups zinfandel
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups leeks, chopped
- 3/4 cups onions, chopped
- 3/4 cups carrots, chopped
- 10 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- 1/4 bunch parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups Ridge Olive Oil
- Sweat the vegetables and herbs over medium heat for 10-15 mintues. Season with fresh cracked pepper.
- Add red wine and bring to a boil. Reduce liquid by 25%. Remove from heat and cool.
- Whisk in worcestershire, soy sauce and olive oil. Pour over meat and marinate for 12-24 hours.
- Grill Tri-tip over a hot flame to get nice char and color, then move to the cooler side of the grill.
- Cook, turning often, until you reach 130 degrees in the thickest part of the steak, approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove from grill, tent with foil and let the meat rest for at least 10 minutes prior to slicing and serving.