Waldorf Sonoma Salad
Pair with Estate Chardonnay
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2-4 hours
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Fuyu persimmons
- 2 large stalks celery
- 6 black Mission figs
- 6 green figs
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 heads butter leaf lettuce, roughly chopped
- Core, peel and dice the persimmons and dice the celery.
- Remove stems from figs, and cut in quarters.
- Add persimmons, celery and figs to a medium serving bowl. Stir in the walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, lemon juice, mayonnaise and rice vinegar. Pour the mixture into the salad bowl and toss well to coat, reserving a little bit for lettuce.
- Chill for 2 to 4 hours.
- Lightly dress the lettuce with remaining dressing. Top with persimmon mixture.