Turkey Burger with Apple Kimchi & Ginger Mayo
Pair with Blasi Zinfandel
This light burger option can also be made with a tuna or veggie burger.
Active Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 bunch green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons soybean oil
- 4 sesame buns, toasted
- 2 apples, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup of green onions, thinly sliced
- Juice of two limes
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 cup garlic chili paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 6 shakes fish sauce
- 1 ½ cups kewpie mayonnaise (Japanese mayonnaise)
- ½ cup pickled ginger, finely chopped
- Knead all ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.
- Form into 4 1/2-inch-thick, 5 inch-wide patties.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat soybean oil, until just starting to smoke.
- Carefully add burgers to pan, being sure to not crowd the pan.
- Cook for three minutes or until well browned.
- Flip burger, making sure to flip away from you.
- Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Take out of pan and set on plate lined with paper towel.
- Mix the apple, carrot and green onion with lime.
- Mix the remaining ingredients separately- then fold into apple mixture.
- Mix together in a bowl, until well mixed.
- Slather ginger mayo on toasted sesame buns, top with burger, top with kimchi. Enjoy.
* Recipe provided by Chef Jesse McQuarrie of Feast Catering
Shop Burger Wines