Summer Squash, Fontina, Caramelized Onion & Thyme Pizza
Pair with Geyserville
- 1 (8 ounce) portion of pizza dough
- 2 cups thinly sliced various summer squash
- 3 cups shredded fontina
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 1/2 cup minced thyme
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Dissolve yeast in water in mixing bowl and let sit for 2 minutes to bloom. Add olive oil, flour, and salt on top.
- Mix dough with dough hook on lowest setting for 5 minutes. Dough should come together into a ball. If it sticks to the sides add small handfuls of flour while mixing. If it’s too dry, sprinkle water into dough mix until looks looser.
- Let rise then divide into 6 equal portions (8oz each) and roll into tight balls to let rise again.
- Once they’ve risen, they’re ready to open and use. Open onto well floured pizza paddle.
- Lay the sliced squash on the open pizza dough, then ½ cup fontina, 2 tablespoons caramelized onions and a generous pinch of thyme.
- Bake in 500 degree oven for 12 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Pizza Politana