Lobster Mac & Cheese
Pair with Estate Chardonnay
Part of our Holiday Pairing Feast
Active Time: 30 mintues
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for coating the baking dish
- 1 pound large elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs or panko
- 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook, according to package directions, until not quite al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the macaroni and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with truffle oil and stir very well.
- Return the saucepan to medium-low heat and melt the 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the flour, paprika, and mustard powder and cook, stirring regularly, for about 2 minutes until a roux forms and no lumps remain.
- Slowly whisk in milk, cream, and a large pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add a pinch of pepper and 1 cup each of the white cheddar and smoked Gouda. Stir until smooth.
- In a small, separate bowl, combine the remaining shredded cheeses, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Pour the cheese sauce onto the macaroni and stir in the lobster meat.
- Transfer the macaroni mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with a 1/4 inch layer of the breadcrumb and cheese mixture. Top with crushed potato chips and bake until the top is lightly browned and the cheese sauce is bubbly, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
Share your #RidgeHolidayFeast pictures with us!