Fig, Smoked Bacon & Arugula Pizza
Pair with Gonsalves Mataro
- 1 (8 ounce) portion of pizza dough
- 2 cups sliced black mission figs
- 2/3 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 cup crisped bacon lardons (we prefer Zoe’s meats bacon)
- 2 cups fresh wild arugula
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Dissolve yeast in water in mixing bowl and let sit for 2 minutes to bloom. Add olive oil, flour, and salt on top.
- Mix dough with dough hook on lowest setting for 5 minutes. Dough should come together into a ball. If it sticks to the sides add small handfuls of flour while mixing. If it’s too dry, sprinkle water into dough mix until looks looser.
- Let rise then divide into 6 equal portions (8oz each) and roll into tight balls to let rise again.
- Once they’ve risen, they’re ready to open and use. Open onto well floured pizza paddle.
- Spread 2 tablespoons creme fraiche on open pizza dough, followed by ⅓ cup sliced figs and ⅓ cup bacon lardons.
- Bake in 500 degree oven for 12 minutes. Spread fresh arugula on top of pizza before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Pizza Politana