Cremini Mushroom, Smoked Mozzarella & Truffle Oil Pizza
Pair with Ponzo Zinfandel
If you can find a good quality truffle oil infused with real truffles, a drizzle on top after baking is a decadent finish to this savory pizza but it's equally delicious without it.
- 1 (8 ounce) portion of pizza dough
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2/3 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 3 cups shredded smoked mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons truffle oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Dissolve yeast in water in mixing bowl and let sit for 2 minutes to bloom. Add olive oil, flour, and salt on top.
- Mix dough with dough hook on lowest setting for 5 minutes. Dough should come together into a ball. If it sticks to the sides add small handfuls of flour while mixing. If it’s too dry, sprinkle water into dough mix until looks looser.
- Let rise then divide into 6 equal portions (8oz each) and roll into tight balls to let rise again.
- Once they’ve risen, they’re ready to open and use. Open onto well floured pizza paddle.
- Spread 2 tablespoons creme fraiche on pizza dough, then ⅓ cup of sliced mushrooms and ½ cup smoked mozzarella.
- Bake in 500 degree oven for 12 minutes. Drizzle with ½ tablespoon truffle oil and sprinkle with minced parsley before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Pizza Politana