Chocolate Poke Cake
Pair with Dusi Essence
Part of our Holiday Pairing Feast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- Shaved chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8 by 8-inch square baking pan or 8-inch spring-form pan with parchment and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, vegetable oil, vanilla, and water until evenly combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared 8-inch pan.
- Place on the center rack of your oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the cake has risen and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, poke holes into the cake with a toothpick or fork. Pour the chocolate syrup evenly over the top, allowing it to seep into the cake.
- Top with shaved chocolate and serve.
Store covered at room temperature for up to two days or freeze if desired.
Share your #RidgeHolidayFeast pictures with us!