Wine Country Tri Tip
Pair with our Pair with East Bench Zinfandel
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (2-pound) beef tri-tip roast
- 5 Cups Zinfandel
- 1/4 Cup Celery Chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Leeks Chopped
- 3/4 Cups Onions Chopped
- 3/4 Cups Carrots Chopped
- 10 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 Bunch Thyme
- 1/4 Bunch Parsley
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Cup Worcestershire
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Cups Ridge Olive Oil
- Sweat the vegetables and herbs over medium heat for 10-15 mintues. Season with fresh cracked pepper.
- Add red wine and bring to a boil. Reduce by 25%. Remove from heat and cool.
- Whisk in worcestershire, soy sauce and olive oil. Pour over meat. Marinate for 12-24 hours.
- Grill Tri Tips over a hot flame to get nice char and color, then move to the cooler side of the grill.
- Cook, turning often, until you reach 130 degrees in the thickest part of the steak. Approx 45min.
- Take off grill, tent with foil and let the meat rest for at least 10 minutes, prior to slicing.