Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin, Rosemary-Pomegranate Sauce, Roasted Parsnips
Pair with Lytton Springs
Yield: 8 Servings
Active Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 head garlic, top sliced off
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 to 1 1/2 pound each) trimmed of excess fat Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 12 slices bacon, thin sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Demi glacé (optional)
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut in half, then cut in half lengthwise
- 1T fresh chopped garlic
- 2T fresh chopped shallots
- 1T chopped fresh thyme
- 1T fresh chopped Italian parsely
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place garlic in a small ramekin, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and wrap in foil. Bake until soft, about 45 minutes. When cool enough to handle, squeeze garlic flesh from head into a small bowl.
- Arrange tenderloins on work surface. Rub the top each tenderloin with 1/2 of the roasted garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the herbs and scatter half of the mix over the garlic on each tenderloin.
- Lay 6-8 strips of bacon lengthwise on work surface , slightly overlapping. Place tenderloin at the bottom of bacon slices, closest to you. lift the bacon and roll around the pork. Tie bacon in place with kitchen twine.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan (such a cast iron skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Sear the tenderloins until golden brown on all sides. Transfer seared tenderloins to a roasting pan; place in the oven and cook to medium doneness about 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer tenderloins to cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove twine with scissors or small knife. Slice, arrange over roasted parsnips and drizzle with Pomegranate Sauce.
- Heat a heavy bottom sauce pan over medium-high heat for 5 min.
- All at once, add the sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon until it is very dark brown. Remove from heat, and carefully pour in vinegar, put back on heat and bring to a boil, reduce heat slightly, and reduce by half.
- Add pomegranate juice and rosemary. Bring to boil, carefully remove rosemary, and reduce by 75%. Add chicken broth and Demi glacé and reduce until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Season to taste with fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl. Spread on a baking sheet, roast for 15-20 min or until soft.