Warm Camembert Salad, Apple, Brazil Nuts & Watercress
Pair with Estate Chardonnay
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 – 8-12oz wheel of Camembert cheese
- 4oz – Brazil nuts or hazelnuts
- 2 – Fuji or Braeburn apples
- 1 bunch – watercress
- golden balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Unwrap Camembert and place on cookie tray or other flat pan.
- Rinse watercress and shake dry. Break up watercress into bite size pieces, discarding larger stems.
- Slice apples into eighths.
- Toast Brazil nuts in oven by putting on cookie tray and baking for 8 minutes. Cool. Rough chop nuts.
- Place Camembert in oven for 5 minutes or until very soft and just warmed through.
- Set Camembert aside and toss the watercress with 1 tbls olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Slice Camembert into 8 slices.
- Place Camembert on plate with apples & watercress, sprinkle with the nuts.