Waldorf Sonoma Salad
Pair with a Estate Chardonnay
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Fuyu persimmons
- 2 large stalks celery
- 6 black Mission figs
- 6 green figs
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 heads butter leaf lettuce, roughly chopped
Core, peel and dice the persimmons and dice the celery.
Remove stems from figs, and cut in quarters.
Add persimmons, celery and figs to a medium serving bowl. Stir in the walnuts.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, lemon juice, mayonnaise and rice vinegar. Pour the mixture into the salad bowl and toss well to coat. Reserving a little bit for lettuce.
Chill for 2 to 4 hours.
Lightly dress the lettuce with remaining dressing. Top with chopped mixture.