Monte Bello Picnic Policies
We invite you to enjoy the Ridge Vineyards Monte Bello Picnic Area!
Please note, we ask guests who wish to enjoy our picnic area to please observe the following:
- Anyone consuming wine on our premises must be able to prove they are 21 years of age or older. Please have appropriate ID (which meets all applicable California standards) on hand at all times
- We do not allow the following anywhere on our grounds: Pets, Smoking, or “Outside Alcohol.” (“Outside Alcohol” is defined as any alcoholic beverage not purchased from Ridge Vineyards on site the day of your visit.)
- Due to the presence of rattle snakes in the area, and for the safety of your animal, dogs are not permitted on the property.
- Picnic tables are for customer use only; if you do not intend to purchase either tastings and/or wine, we ask that you enjoy your day at another location.
- All picnic area tables are available on a first come/first serve basis; no reservations are taken.
- Out of consideration for our other guests, groups are asked to constrain to a single table, regardless of group size; a single table will seat up to 8 people comfortably.
- Out of consideration for our other guests, we ask that you limit your time at a picnic table to a maximum of two hours.
- Reserving picnic tables and then leaving the property for any reason is not permitted
- Parking onsite at Monte Bello and then leaving the property to hike is not permitted. For information on parking and accessing the Monte Bello Open Space Preserve, please visit their website here
- In accordance with our standards of sustainability and our license (which prohibits us from impacting the sightlines and peaceful environment of our neighbors), we do not permit decorations such as balloons, confetti, large banners, or streamers, nor do we permit amplified music in the picnic area, on the knoll, or elsewhere on the property.
- Children must remain under close parental supervision at all times. Our staff reserves the right to ask that families depart the grounds if supervision does not meet our standards. (Please note, the “rattlesnake” signs are real!).
- The vineyard areas behind the tasting room are off limits due to the hazards of a working vineyard. We ask that guests please constrain their enjoyment of our site to the tasting room, the picnic area, and the knoll.
- Please note that we cannot pour wine, or have guests anywhere on the premises, after the posted closing time.
It is our pleasure to provide you with glassware for the picnic area. We ask that you please return your glassware to a staff member when you have finished enjoying your Ridge wines. We have established these policies to ensure a pleasant, peaceful, and safe experience for all our guests, and we thank you in advance for your compliance with the above. If you have any questions that may not be addressed here, please do not hesitate to contact us.